You’ve got a Bluetooth speaker and you want to use it with your laptop. Maybe you want to boost the audio for a video call, or you’re trying to listen to music and don’t want to use headphones.
Whatever the reason, we’ve got you covered with a guide on how to connect your laptop to a Bluetooth speaker.
How To Connect a Laptop to Bluetooth Speaker
Laptop speakers often have poor sound quality. If you’re looking for a better audio experience, you might be wondering how to connect your laptop to a Bluetooth speaker. It’s actually pretty easy to do, and here are the steps to follow for windows and mac laptops.
Connect Windows Laptop to Bluetooth Speaker
If you want to connect your Windows laptop to a Bluetooth speaker, there are a few things you’ll need to do first. Here’s a quick guide on how to get started:
- Make sure your Bluetooth speaker is in pairing mode.
- On your laptop, open the Start menu and type “Bluetooth.”
- Select “Bluetooth settings” from the search results.
- Click the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” button in the Bluetooth settings window.
- In the “Add a device” window, select “Bluetooth” from the list of options.
- Your laptop will now start scanning for Bluetooth devices. Once it finds your speaker, it will appear in the list of devices.
- Select your speaker from the list and click “Pair”
Once connected, you can adjust your laptop’s volume and playback settings. And that’s it! Now you can enjoy your music, movies, and more with better sound.
Connect Mac Laptop to Bluetooth Speaker
Assuming your speaker is already turned on and in pairing mode, here are the basic steps you’ll need to follow to connect your Mac laptop to a Bluetooth speaker:
- Open the System Preferences application on your Mac.
- Click on the “Bluetooth” icon.
- Make sure the “Bluetooth” switch is turned on.
- Your Mac will now start scanning for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Once your speaker appears in the list of devices, click on it to select it.
- Click on the “Pair” button.
- Enter the PIN code for your speaker if prompted.
- Your Mac should now be connected to your Bluetooth speaker.
Why Connect your Laptop to a Bluetooth Speaker?
So why bother connecting your laptop to a Bluetooth speaker? There are a few benefits:
- Bluetooth speakers are portable and easy to take with you, so you can enjoy your music anywhere.
- You can connect multiple Bluetooth speakers to create a surround sound system.
- Bluetooth speakers often have better sound quality than traditional portable speakers.
- With a Bluetooth speaker, you can control the music from your laptop without having to be right next to the speaker.
- Some Bluetooth speakers have built-in features, like a microphone, so you can use them for hands-free phone calls or access voice assistants like Siri or Alexa.
Why is my Laptop’s Bluetooth not Finding Speaker?
We’ve all been there. You’re trying to connect your laptop to a Bluetooth speaker, but for some reason, the Bluetooth speaker is undiscoverable. Well, here are some of the possible reasons why this may happen:
- The speaker is not Bluetooth-enabled. This is another common issue. Many speakers are not Bluetooth-enabled, which means they can’t be connected to a laptop via Bluetooth. Make sure the speaker you’re trying to connect to is Bluetooth-enabled.
- Your speaker is turned off. This seems like an obvious one, but it’s worth checking. Sometimes people accidentally turn their speaker off or don’t realize that it’s not on in the first place.
- Your speaker is not in range. Bluetooth has a limited range, so if your speaker is too far away from your laptop, it may not be able to connect.
- The Bluetooth speaker is connected to another device. If your speaker is already connected to another device, it will not be able to connect to your laptop.
- There are too many devices trying to connect to your speaker. If multiple devices are trying to connect to your speaker, it can cause interference and prevent a successful connection.
How do you Fix Bluetooth speakers not Pairing to Laptop?
It can be frustrating when your Bluetooth speaker won’t pair with your laptop. But, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem.
First, ensure that your speaker is in the range of your laptop. If it’s too far away, it won’t be able to connect.
Second, check if your speaker is turned on and in pairing mode. If it’s not, turn it on and press the pairing button.
Still, having trouble? Try restarting your laptop and speaker. This usually does the trick.
And if all else fails, you can always try connecting your speaker to another device, like your smartphone, to see if that works.
Which is the Best Bluetooth Speaker for a Laptop?
When it comes to choosing the best Bluetooth speaker for your laptop, there are a few things you’ll need to take into account:
- SOUND QUALITY. This is probably the most crucial factor to consider when selecting a Bluetooth speaker for your laptop. Read reviews and compare the sound quality of different Bluetooth speakers before making your final decision.
- BATTERY LIFE. Bluetooth speakers can vary significantly in terms of battery life. If you want a speaker that will last all day, look for one with long battery life.
- PORTABILITY. If you plan on taking your speaker with you on the go, portability is essential. Look for a speaker that is lightweight and easy to carry.
Once you’ve considered these factors, you can start looking at different Bluetooth speakers and compare them to find the best one for your laptop’s sound needs. Here are a few options to get you started:
- Sonos Roam
- Anker Soundcore Motion Boom
- UE Hyperboom
- JBL Xtreme 3
- Bose SoundLink Color II
Additional Tips when Connecting Laptop to Bluetooth Speaker
Wireless technology like Bluetooth can be notoriously picky, and trying to get it to work properly can be frustrating. Fortunately, you can do a few things to get the most out of your laptop-Bluetooth speaker connection.
- If you’re having trouble connecting, try restarting your laptop or speaker. You may also need to update the Bluetooth drivers on your laptop.
- Make sure that both your laptop and the speaker are charged and within range of each other.
- Avoid obstacles as Bluetooth signals can be blocked by walls or other objects. If you can’t get a good direct line of sight to your speaker, you may need to move it closer.
- Check for interference as Bluetooth signals can be interfered with by other electronic devices. If you’re having trouble connecting, try turning off any other nearby devices that might be causing interference.
- Use a high-quality Bluetooth speaker that will provide better sound quality than a cheap one.
If you’ve tried listening to music on your laptop speakers, you know that they’re not the best way to do it. They’re small and tinny, and they just can’t fill up a room the way a good set of speakers can. That’s why connecting your laptop to a Bluetooth speaker is such a great idea.
Bluetooth speakers are designed to give you the best sound possible and are much easier to carry around than a standard set of speakers.
Plus, Bluetooth speakers are super easy to connect to your laptop. It’s as simple as turning on the two devices, enabling Bluetooth, and pairing them. So, if you’re looking for a way to improve your laptop’s sound, connecting it to a Bluetooth speaker is the way to go.