Looking to blast your favorite tunes and gaming audio while gaming on your PS4? Look no further! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your Ps4 in just a few easy steps.
Steps to Connect Bluetooth Speaker to Ps4
We have provided a guide that will take care of all the setup for you.
How to connect Bluetooth speaker directly to Ps4
- First, make sure your Bluetooth speaker is turned on and in pairing mode.
- Next, power on your Ps4 and go to Settings, Devices, and Bluetooth Devices.
- Your Ps4 will start scanning for available Bluetooth devices.
- Once your speaker appears on the list, select it, and the two devices will connect automatically.
How to connect Bluetooth speaker to Ps4 using Bluetooth adapter
Sony provides Bluetooth adapters for use with the PlayStation 4. You can purchase yours right on Sony’s website.
When you get the Bluetooth adapter, follow the following steps:
- Connect the Bluetooth adapter to the Ps4 USB port
- The Bluetooth adapter will immediately start blinking, meaning it’s ready to pair
- Turn on the Bluetooth speaker
- Connect the 3.5mm audio jack that comes with the Bluetooth adapter to your Ps4 controller
- Go to Devices on your Ps4 and then click on Audio devices
- Select Output devices, then USB headphones, and finally Output to headphones
How to Use Alexa as a Speaker for Ps4
If you have an Echo or Echo Dot, you can use it as a speaker for your PlayStation 4 with the help of Alexa. Here’s how:
- Open the Alexa app on your phone or tablet
- Select the Devices icon in the upper-right corner of the screen
- Select your Echo or Echo Dot
- Select the Music & Books tab
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Connect to a Device
- Select your PlayStation 4 from the list of available devices
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection
How Can I Use External Speaker for My Ps4
If you want to get the most out of your Ps4 gaming experience, you may want to consider using an external speaker. By doing so, you can enjoy immersive, high-quality sound that will make your games come to life.
What’s more, with an external speaker, you can take your gaming experience anywhere.
If you want to use an external speaker with your Ps4 or Ps4 pro, there are a few things you need, an optical cable, audio extractor, HDMI cables, and audio cable.
An optical cable is needed for Ps4 pro, while the audio extractor is needed for the standard Ps4, which doesn’t have an optical cable.
To connect Ps4 pro to an external speaker using an optical cable, follow these easy steps:
- Connect one end of the optical cable to the Ps4
- Connect the other end to the optical port of the external speaker
- Turn on your Ps4, and you should get the sound output of the console on your speaker
To use the audio extractor, follow these steps:
- Connect the audio extractor to the Ps4 using an HDMI cable
- Connect the speaker to the audio extractor using the audio cable
- Use another HDMI cable to connect the extractor to the TV
- Finally, turn on the Ps4, and you’ll get the sound output on the speaker
What Bluetooth Devices Are Compatible With Ps4?
Ps4 does not support many Bluetooth devices. According to Sony, this was done to eliminate latency issues and, consequently, poor gaming experience for users.
That said, you can use any Bluetooth device if you first connect a Bluetooth adapter/transmitter/dongle to your Ps4.
Even better, you can connect your vital devices with a cable to your Ps4.
How to Turn Off Speaker on Ps4 Controller
The Ps4 controller speaker is not used in many instances. However, some games such as Grand Theft Auto 5 online, engage the controller speaker, and it can be really annoying when sound comes from the controller as you play the game.
So, how do you turn off the Ps4 controller speakers? Here are the steps to follow:
- Hold down the PS button and open the quick menu.
- Navigate to the Sound/Devices section
- Go to Volume Control (Speaker for Controller) section
- Move the volume slider all the way down to turn off the speakers on your PlayStation controller
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does Ps4 Have Bluetooth Speaker?
No, the Ps4 doesn’t come with a Bluetooth speaker. Under normal circumstances, the console will use your TV’s speaker or the speaker your TV is connected to.
However, the Ps4 controller has a speaker that you’ll rarely use. In this regard, you need a Bluetooth speaker or a wired external speaker if you need to enhance your gaming experience on a Ps4 with great sound.
Q: Are There Audio Outputs on a Ps4 Pro?
The short answer to this question is yes – the standard Ps4 has 3 audio outputs– HDMI output, a USB output, and an optical out port.
Despite there being several audio outputs, Ps4 pro doesn’t allow for multi-audio out connections. So, you have to use either the HDMI port or USB port, or optical out port at a time.
If you want to use an optical audio connection with a standard Ps4, you’ll need to purchase an HDMI to optical audio adapter.
It’s also worth noting that the Ps4 controllers come with a 3.5mm jack that you can use to connect to your headphones.
Q: Why can’t I connect my Bluetooth speaker to the Ps4?
There are three main reasons why you may find issues connecting your Bluetooth speaker to your Ps4:
- You’ve not enabled the Bluetooth settings on your Ps4
- Your speaker and Ps4 are not in a range close enough to be connected via Bluetooth
- Your Bluetooth speaker isn’t compatible with Ps4
The Bottom Line
So there you have it! You now know how to connect your Bluetooth speaker to your Ps4. It’s a straightforward process, and once you have everything set up, you’ll be able to enjoy your music or gaming experience to the fullest. Make sure to keep these instructions handy, so you can refer to them whenever you need to.