If you’re anything like me, you love listening to music or watching TV shows and movies with great sound quality.
In this blog post, I’m going to show you how to connect external speakers to TV without audio output in just a few simple steps.
How to Connect External Speakers to a TV without an Audio Output
TVs these days come with a variety of ports including HDMI, 3.5mm ports, and RCA. If you want to connect external speakers to your TV that doesn’t have audio output, you can use one of these options.
Use HDMI cable via receiver
- Connect your speakers and the receiver using speaker wires
- Connect the audio output of your TV to the audio input of your receiver using an HDMI cable.
- Turn on your TV and receiver.
- Change the input on your receiver to match the input of your TV.
- Turn on your speakers and set them to the desired volume.
- Change the input on your TV to the HDMI channel that is connected to your receiver.
- Play audio from your TV and enjoy!
Use 3.5mm to RCA cables
- Connect the 3.5mm end of your audio cable to the headphone jack on your TV.
- Connect the red and white RCA plugs on the other end of your cable to the corresponding color inputs on the back of your external speakers.
- Turn on your TV and the external speakers.
- Change the input setting on your TV to match the RCA input of your external speakers.
- Adjust the volume on your TV and external speakers as needed.
- Enjoy your favorite shows and movies with better sound quality!
Use digital optical cable
- Determine what type of audio output your TV has.
- Connect the optical cable to your TV.
- Connect the other end of your optical cable to your soundbar or speaker.
- Plug in the power cord to the soundbar or speaker.
- Turn on your TV and the soundbar or speaker.
- Change the audio output to optical on your TV.
Use 3.5 mm analog cable
- Connect the 3.5 mm analog cable to your TV’s 3.5 mm analog audio output jack.
- Connect the other end of your 3.5 mm analog cable to the headphones jack on the external speakers.
- Turn on the TV and the external speakers.
- Change the TV’s audio output setting to “External Speakers.”
- Adjust the volume on the external speakers.
How to Connect Soundbar to TV without Audio Output
There are a few ways to connect a soundbar to a TV with no audio output:
- The first way is to use an HDMI cable. If your TV has HDMI port, you can use an HDMI cable to connect the two devices.
- A TV without HDMI port can be connected to a soundbar using a digital optical cable. To do this, you will need to purchase a digital optical cable and a 3.5mm audio adapter.
- The third way is to use a Bluetooth connection. To do this, you will need to connect the soundbar and the TV with a Bluetooth adapter.
Can I Connect External Speakers Directly to my TV?
There are a few ways that you can connect external speakers directly to your TV. One way is to use the TV’s optical audio output. This will provide the best sound quality, as it will bypass the TV’s internal speakers.
If your TV doesn’t have an optical audio output, you can still connect external speakers by using the HDMI Audio Return Channel. This will allow you to send audio from the TV to external speakers.
Finally, if your TV doesn’t have an HDMI input, you can use a 3.5mm to RCA cable.
Does a Smart TV Need a Receiver?
There are a few things you need to consider when purchasing a smart TV. One of the most important is whether or not you need a receiver.
Receivers are devices that allow you to connect your TV to external devices, such as cable boxes, satellite receivers, and streaming media players. If you need to use any of these devices with your smart TV, you will need a receiver.
However, if you plan to only use your smart TV to access streaming content, you do not need a receiver. All smart TVs come with built-in Wi-Fi receivers, so you don’t need to buy an extra piece of hardware to use your smart TV. All you need to do is connect them to your home network.
Once your TV is connected to the internet, you can start streaming shows and movies, browsing the web, and more. You can also use your TV to control other devices in your home, such as lights and thermostats.
How can I Get my Speakers to Work without a Receiver?
There are a few ways to connect your speakers to an amp without a receiver. You can use a direct connection, two channel amp, or Bluetooth.
If you want to use a direct connection, you’ll need to use an RCA cable to connect these devices. This is the most common way to connect speakers to TV and other audio sources. You can find RCA cables at most electronics stores.
If you want to use a two-channel amp, you’ll need to purchase one and connect the speakers to it. This will give you more control over the sound quality of your speakers.
If you want to use Bluetooth, the speakers, as well as the audio source, need to be Bluetooth-enabled. If otherwise, you need to use a Bluetooth adapter or Bluetooth dongle to connect the two.
The Bottom Line
So there you have it, a few different ways that you can connect external speakers to your TV if it doesn’t have audio output. Hopefully, one of these methods will work for you and you can start enjoying your movies and TV shows with booming sound!
However, before you take the plunge and try to connect your own speakers, be sure to read through the entire article to make sure you have all the necessary essentials for the connection.