If you want to rock out to your favorite music on speakers while playing your game on headphones, you’ll need a way to play separate audio through speakers and headphones. Luckily, there are a few easy ways to do this.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to play separate audio through speakers and headphones so that you can have this unique audio experience.
How to Play Separate Audio through Speakers and Headphones
If you want to play separate audio through speakers and headphones, you will need to assign the front and rear jacks as separate entities. This can be done in the computer’s Sound settings or using a third-party audio console. Here are the steps to follow for each of these methods:
Using Sound settings
- Plug your speakers into the green audio output jack on the back of your computer.
- Plug your headphones into the blue audio output jack on the front of your computer.
- Open the sound settings menu.
- Click on the “Playback” tab.
- Select your speakers from the list of devices.
- Click on the “Set Default” button.
- If you want to get sound from your headphones, choose headphones from the list of devices.
- Click on the “Set Default” button.
- Close the sound settings menu.
Using Software such as Realtek Audio Console
- Install Realtek audio console.
- Launch the console.
- Click on the settings icon at the top right corner to open device advanced settings.
- Check the box against the second option on the playback device options to separate audio streams on a front and rear output devices basis.
- Select what you want to be your default output between the headphones and the speaker.
- If you want to separate your audio inputs as well, check the box against separate all input jacks as independent input devices.
How to Play Separate Audio through Speakers and Headphones on Phone
If you want to play separate audio through speakers and headphones on your phone, you’ll need to use a media player that supports this feature.
We recommend using Player Pro, which is available for free on the Google Play Store or jetAudio for iPhone.
Once you have installed the relevant media player, open the app and go to the settings menu. From here, you’ll need to enable the “Separate audio output” setting.
Once this setting is enabled, you’ll be able to play separate audio through your speakers and headphones.
Tips for Improving Audio Quality
If you are playing separate audio through speakers and headphones, you can follow a few tips to improve audio quality.
- Make sure both the speakers and headphones are properly positioned. The speakers should be pointing directly at the listener, and the headphones should be snugly fitted over the ears.
- Adjust the volume levels to balance the audio between the speakers and headphones. You don’t want the speakers to be too loud or the headphones to be too soft.
- Use high-quality audio cables to connect the speakers and headphones to the audio source. Cheap cables can cause audio quality to suffer.
- If you are using a computer, make sure the sound card is of good quality. A poor sound card can result in inferior audio quality.
How to Troubleshoot Audio Playback Issues
If you’re having audio playback issues when playing separate audio through speakers and headphones, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the problem.
First, check to ensure that the speakers and headphones are properly plugged in and turned on.
Next, try adjusting the volume levels of both the speakers and headphones. If that doesn’t work, check to see if the audio is muted. If the audio is muted, you won’t be able to hear it even if the volume is turned up.
If you’re still having issues, try playing the audio through just the speakers or just the headphones to see if that works.
If the audio plays fine through one but not the other, there may be an issue with the connection between the speakers and headphones. Try using a different set of speakers or headphones to see if that makes a difference.
How to Easily Switch Between Speakers and Headphones
If you’re someone who regularly switches between speakers and headphones, you know it can be a bit of a pain to keep unplugging and replugging your audio devices. But there’s an easy way to switch between them with just a few clicks. Here’s how:
- Go to your sound preferences. This can be found in the “System Preferences” or “Control Panel” on a PC or in the “Sound” menu on a Mac.
- In the “Output” section, select the audio device you want to use.
- If you want to switch to your other audio device, simply repeat the above steps.
It’s really that easy! Now you can easily switch between speakers and headphones without having to unplug and replug your audio devices.
How to Stop Headphones and Speakers Playing at the Same Time
It’s annoying when you’re trying to listen to music on your headphones, and suddenly the same audio starts playing on the speakers – you can either hear two songs at once, or your headphones get drowned out.
Fortunately, there’s a relatively easy way to stop your headphones and speakers from playing at the same time.
- First, unplug your headphones from the audio source.
- Next, open the volume mixer by clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar.
- Find the icon for your headphones and click the volume slider all the way down.
- Finally, click the speaker icon again and turn up the volume to your desired level.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your headphones and speakers will not play at the same time.
What is Dual Sound, and what are the Benefits of Dual Audio Output?
Dual sound is a feature that allows you to output audio to two different devices at the same time. This can be useful if you want to listen to music on your headphones while also sending the audio to a speaker or another set of headphones.
For example, you could have music playing through your speakers while you talk on the phone through your headphones. Or you could have a movie playing through your speakers while you play a game on your headphones.
Here are 3 main benefits of using dual sound:
- First, it can help you save time by not having to switch between devices.
- Second, it can improve the quality of your audio by using two high-quality devices instead of one.
- And finally, it can provide a backup in case one of your devices malfunctions.
Whether you’re a musician, a DJ, or just someone who likes to listen to music, you’ve probably felt the need to separate audio playing through speakers and headphones at the same time.
Luckily, now you know that you just have to set these two as separate audio entities, and you’ll be good to go.
While you can use the sound settings on your device to achieve this, the most effective way is to use a software program that allows you to route the audio to the correct output device.