It’s the middle of summer, and you’re ready to take your MacBook out on the town. But wait, when you try to raise the volume, nothing happens! What’s going on?
Well, no more excuses! This blog post is here to make the process as easy and painless as possible.
How to Clean Macbook Speaker Grills
The MacBook’s built-in speaker is one of its most popular and great features. However, over time the dust and dirt that accumulates on the grill can affect the sound quality. Below is an easy method to clean the speaker grills on a Macbook.
- New, dry toothbrush
- Canned air
- Vacuum cleaner
- Cotton Swab
- Soft, dry cloth
Steps to Follow:
- Shut down your Mac
- Unplug the Mac from the power source as well as from any other devices it’s connected to.
- Use a soft dry cloth to cover the keyboard to prevent dust from entering under the keys.
- Use the dry, new, soft toothbrush to clean the speaker grill. Be sure to get into all of the nooks and crannies
- If there is any dirt or dust on the speaker, use canned air to clean it off.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to suck up any loose dirt, dust, and crumbs from the speaker grill.
- Use a cotton swab to clean around the edges of the speaker grill. Be careful not to get any liquid inside of the speaker itself.
How to Remove Rust from Speaker Grill
If your Mac speakers have seen better days and the grills have rusted, don’t fret! It’s easy to remove the unsightly blemish and have your speakers looking new in no time.
- Soak a toothbrush in Windex.
- Scrub the grill until the rust is gone.
- Wipe away the Windex and any rust residue with a washcloth.
- Dry the speaker grill with a towel.
- Enjoy your newly rust-free Mac speaker grill!
How Do I Clean Macbook Speaker Holes?
- Gently brush away any debris or dust from the speaker holes with a toothbrush or other small brush.
- Vacuum the speaker holes and the surrounding area to remove any other dust or particles.
- Use a can of compressed air to blow out any remaining debris or dust from the speakers.
- If there is any visible dirt or gunk on the speaker grill, you can use a cotton swab dipped in water to clean it off.
- Finally, use a dry cloth to polish off the grill and surrounding area and give your entire Mac a final wipe.
Where Are The Speakers On My Macbook Pro?
Your MacBook Pro has two speakers located beneath the back cover on the left and right. The speakers are designed to produce stereo sound, which gives you a more immersive listening experience when you’re watching movies or listening to music.
While the speakers are fine for basic use, you can buy an external speaker system if you want better sound.
Why Is My Macbook Pro Sound So Quiet?
Have you ever noticed that your MacBook Pro seems a little too quiet? It might be because of one of the following reasons:
The most likely reason your MacBook Pro sounds too quiet is dirty speaker grills. When dust and dirt accumulate on the speaker grills, it can reduce the speakers’ sound. While this is a common issue, it’s easy to clean the speaker grills and fix the problem.
If the MacBook is still quiet even after cleaning the speaker grills, then the speakers themselves might be busted. This can be remedied by replacing the speakers with new ones from the same model.
Lastly, It may be possible that something is wrong with the software or hardware, and that’s why your Mac is so quiet despite the above remedies. In this case, you can contact Apple support and get your Mac checked.
How Do I Make My Macbook Speakers Sound Louder?
As a typical MacBook user, you probably use your MacBook for a lot of things – from writing papers for school to browsing the internet to streaming your favorite shows.
And in this regard, you probably also use your MacBook’s speakers a lot. But what do you do when the sound from your MacBook’s speakers just isn’t loud enough?
- The very first step is to inspect the speaker grill for any debris or obstruction. Dust, dirt, and other small particles can easily accumulate on the grill and prevent sound from passing through. To clean it, refer to the first section of this article.
- Another way to make your Mac louder is to make sure the volume is turned up all the way. You can do this by clicking on the speaker icon in the menu bar and sliding the volume all the way to the right.
- Also, check if your MacBook’s software settings are optimized for sound. To do this, open System Preferences and click on sound. Under Output, make sure that the correct device is selected under Built-in Speaker or Headphones.
- Lastly, if you’re using headphones, unplug them and see if that makes a difference.
The Bottom Line
There you go – everything you need to know about how to clean your Macbook speaker grills. Simply follow these steps, and your Mac will sound as great as new. Remember, it’s essential to clean your Mac speaker grills regularly to ensure optimal performance.
While cleaning your Mac speakers, make sure to take your time and be thorough so that your Macbook speakers can sound their best.
Once you’re done, take a moment to admire your work. You’ve just saved yourself a trip to the Apple Store and saved yourself some money too.